Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Bi-Racial Group Chocolat


I know thathis is kind of a late blog, but, I didn't want to review a group without watching a few of their live performances. So, recently, a new girl group named Chocolat debuted. They gained a lot of interest before their debut due to the fact that 3 of them (Tia, Melanie and Julianne) are bi-racial. Recently, their debut mv, Syndrome, came out. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHC8jXqB42c

Honestly, I like them, but I am still not sure of their abilities. The lead vocalist, Jae Yoon, is not really that good compared to other lead vocalists like Taeyon, Luna and Hyorin. However, they are a rookie group, so you have to give them a some time before judging on their abilities. If you have watched the mv, you would have realized that the camera is always focusing on Tia. Many people have bashed her about htis, but in most kpop groups they have a "face". For example, Jiyeon from T-ara and Yoona from SNSD. Therefore, I think bashing her isn't that necessary because she is the prettiest member out of all of them.

The reason why I am not sure about their abilities is because of watching MR performances of them. The only ones that are decent are Jaeyoon and Melanie. Tia is just in the middle dancing, Julianne lipsync for most of the part, and the leader has like one line. Here is the performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VZ8B5NCD8

Overall, it was a pretty decent debut. However, I do not find this group unqiue like 2NE1, Miss A or SNSD other than having 3 bi-racial members. Do I not like them? No, I just need to see more from them.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment